- Purchase no product containing plastic if not reusable
- Purchase no product wrapped in plastic packaging
- Use no one-time use plastic, including but not limited to water bottles, plastic bags, trash bags, plastic straws, and plastic utensils
- No new technology where you can buy top quality used
- Purchase only used clothes or clothes made in the US sustainably
- Reduce meat consumption to maximum 2 meals per week
- Shower for maximum 5 minutes and once per day; take a bath maximum once per week
- Use a quality water filtration system and sustainable water bottle; do away with purchasing water out of the house
- Eat out only at restaurants with sustainable practices (no fast food)
- Buy locally sourced produce
- If it’s yellow, let it mellow, if it’s brown, flush it down.
- Vote for politicians who care about climate change, sustainability, and regeneration
- Turn your front lawn into a vegetable garden, if property owner
- Transition to solar panels, if property owner (by 2021, stay updated for support)
- Transition to an electric car (by 2022, stay updated for support)
Signing this pledge represents a commitment to living a sustainable lifestyle, following each point like a commandment. We understand how hard it is to make the right decisions when wrong ones are so convenient and easily accessible still in today’s world. That’s why we are setting a deadline for us to complete this shift to January 1st, 2020. We’ll send you tips, insights, and even discounts on sustainable products and services if you sign the pledge.
What is the reward? Consider it an opportunity to count your blessings after every shower, before every meal, and before every purchase!
Reward is nice though, and making these choices will definitely save you money. We are curious about developing an app that offers rewards for such behaviors, so stay tuned for updates on that!
Signing our pledge will get you on the email list for a weekly update, including pledge count total, sustainable product/store/search insights, blog highlights, and app updates!